Saturday, August 24, 2013

My Request For 3 Extra Hours A Day Has Been Denied...Again.

Oh boy. I have been SA-LACKING on this blog. Naughty Arielle! Naughty! 
I have A TON going on right now. Can I tell ya how STRESSED I am?! First of all, this whole home buying thing is crazy. We have no idea what's going on. Like ever. And when someone actually tells us something it's like our brains have no idea how to process the information. We just stand there and I can actually feel drool coming out of my mouth. I feel like I look like this:
 If you do not know this SNL skit you are fired. Go do some YouTubbing and then you may return...and if you don't think that Rachel Dratch is one of the FUNNIEST women of all time, we are over.

So yeah. There's that plus the transition into a new job, starting up my Social Media Management  business, oh and I have been sick since the beginning of August. Yeah. That's been fun. I'm now extremely paranoid that my lungs are just going to fall out of my butt soon. Whether or not that happens, I am still super overwhelmed.
Here is the thing, it doesn't take much to get me stressed out. You can tell me it going to be a little rainy this afternoon and here is what I will picture:

Not even kidding you, one time I was so paranoid I made Taffy sit with me in our bath tub for 3 hours....I can't live in Oklahoma or Kansas.

And you know what adds to the stress? My horrible time management skills. And my A.D.D. I start on one thing and then get distracted by another. Such as this blog post. I Googled "tornados" and ended up watching 3 episodes of The Office and 20 minutes of Sharknado...Tara Reid...just stop. I have tried a planner, but I forget to look at it, I don't even know where my planner is....hmmm....
I have tried using my phone I have like a gazillion apps that try to help me organize my life, and I forget to use them...
So you see, I have a dilemma. I need to find a way to organize my life to where I can balance work, home, business and blog. 
I will be doing a 30 day challenge starting Sept.1st (let's wait til after the move, and the new job and maybe I won't be hacking up a lung every 30 seconds by then..) I will be implementing the following things EVERYDAY for 30 days and hopefully after 30 days it will just be a habit:
A strict cleaning schedule (I'm doing this too: http://bit.ly/LZxJBV )
A planning strategy, I'm not really sure how I will go about this, i have seen some cute printables but I might try and utilize one of my million apps. 
The planning strategy will also include a schedule mapping out time for my business, my blog, and most importantly time with Brody, family and friends. 
I tried doing a blog a day challenge in July but then the house buying got in the way, so starting September 1st I will be doing blog posts everyday during the week. 
This is going to be hard and will take a TON of focus for me. But hopefully it helps. 
What are your tips for staying organized and keeping on top off things? Comment below and I will try them out!

No comments:

Post a Comment