Tuesday, December 4, 2012

23 Good Deeds: Day 1...ahem

So I knew what I was getting into when I decided to do this whole "23 Good Deeds" thing. I knew it was going to be time consuming, maybe expensive and I thought to myself "Gee Arielle, you'll be working 3 jobs, you're probably doing too much". But then my soft sensitive side (it doesn't come out often, so when it does I try to pay some attention to it) came out and said "I have to" aka, I already posted it on Facebook and here so I can't not do it. Some of you are probably saying, "Oh Arielle, good deeds don't have to be time consuming or cost money, the best deed is the deed that comes from the heart." To which I say, cut your bullshit. I'm not going to wait 45 minutes outside of Walmart waiting for some old lady with a cart full of cat food to help her unload her cart into her car. So anyways, here's the story with Day 1.

Well let's start with the day before Day 1. I went onto my bank account to see how much money I could spend on gas to put in my car. Well none because I have -$7 in my account. Yes that cute little sign in front of the money sign is a negative sign. Shoot me. So pretty much I went into crisis mode, which made Brody go into survival mode. I spent the night crying and having panic attack after panic attack. I need a full time job. We are poor. I want to go back to school. Everyone else is successful but me. I can't even afford a candy bar that I was going to leave the mailman in our mailbox to thank him/her. I can't afford presents for my family. I'll never have children because we're too poor. I think I even said something along the lines of "I'll have become a stripper, but I won't even be successful doing that because I don't have boobs and can't even afford to get better boobs". Yeah. So Brody spent who knows how long trying to console me and finally a voice popped into my head. It was Morgan Freeman, telling me to go to the Pharaoh and tell him to let me people go. Just kidding. But that would have been the SHIT! It was me saying, "You have enough energy to light this entire apartment complex, and you are wasting it on dwelling on everything you don;t have and everything you're not. Why don't you focus on what you want, and what you see yourself being. And believe that you already have it? Geez...loser." OK. I can do that. So I started repeating in my mind: I am healthy. I am wealthy. I am happy. Over and over and over until I fell asleep. 

So the next day, today, I wake up feeling a hell of a lot better. I decided that I would just see where the day would take me. I wouldn't freak out if I didn't "do a good deed." I went to my job, that I love SO much, and my amazing boss gave me the cutest Christmas decoration

Isn't he SO ADORABLE! GAH! So I came home feeling alot better about my day when I come across a Christmas tree at my door with a note that say "LYM" Now there is only one person in the world who would write that. My amazing mommy. It means, Love You More. My mom gave us our first Christmas tree. I was so happy. I came home a little early so I cleaned the apartment, started decorating and made dinner. Brody was pretty happy when he got home. He usually is home first so he usually makes dinner. On top of that, I got a really sweet Birthday Card from our apartment manager. And I realized, some days we need to be on the receiving end of a good deed instead if giving one. Which some people would say "that's a pathetic excuse for not following through what you said you would do." And to I reply: Well screw you. I am working 3 jobs trying to get back to school and pay off $27,000 in debt. I'm allowed to slip for a day. Tomorrow I'm supposed to go give blood for Day 2. I have NEVER given blood. I'm usually turned away for my weight. So we'll see how it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment