Sunday, February 17, 2013

My Childhood Was Awesome....And It May Have Not Ended...Whatever.

Ok I am horrible. It's been like 3 weeks since I have written anything. But in my defense, life around here has been pretty hectic AND it's been boring hectic so there was nothing interesting to write about. 
Mostly we have had a pretty big change in our sleeping schedule. Brody now wakes up at 440 am which means he has to go to sleep at 8-830pm. I don't get home til 6:30 so that means we have sometimes only 2 hours of awake time. I'm trying to follow his schedule but my job makes it kinda hard. He starts work at 6am I don't start til 10. He gets home anywhere between 3 and 5. It's just a change we are trying to figure out. It's a good change though.
Whilst I was home sick like 2 weeks ago I asked Brody the most important question I have ever asked. This is a question that will change the course of our relationship for the rest of our lives. There is no doubt in my mind that the outcome of this question will be the most challenging experience our relationship has had to face and yet will be the happiest....
I had been thinking about our 2 year anniversary that will be coming up in August, what should we do for it? I had been watching Disney movies all day and it made me miss the nostalgia of my childhood. When my question came to mind, I texted Brody. I probably should have waited to ask this big of a question when he was home but I was just so excited about the possibilities that awaited in 6 months.
"Can we go to Disneyland for our anniversary? There are some pretty good deals on hotels and stuff so it wouldn't be to expensive."
There was an instant reply. 
"That would be fun, let's do it."
I started crying.
I'm a little obsessed with Disneyland.
Ok, Like a lot obsessed with Disneyland.
Or let's just generalize it with Disney. 
Like, I went to the Disney store at City Creek and was in tears because it was too magical for me to handle. 
Like I have to watch a Disney movie every morning because I can't wake up without it. 
Like, I am non stop crying in Disneyland because I am so happy. 

 Like the first time I saw this picture, I FREAKED out because it was so cute, and I had to watch "Dumbo" and "Lilo and Stitch".
So naturally I got so excited about the fact that we are going to Disneyland in August (25 weeks and 3 days...not that I'm counting...) that I went a little overboard on the Disneyland posts on facebook. And it pissed off a select few people. Which I could care less. 
Let me explain my childhood to you. 
My mom pretty much rocked my childhood. She was all about reading stories to us (she even did voices for all the characters...for reals...) She was all about us reading fairy tales and having an imagination. If we didn't have that brand new Barbie house, we made it. Beds out of tissue boxes and we even made cute little school books out of construction paper. When we got our new refrigerator, I kept the box. That box was a rocket ship, a castle, a car, pretty much whatever I wanted it to be. The dirt under our deck was the desert, our wheelbarrow was a wild mustang, our backyard was The Hundred Acre Woods, our basement was a stage. And on Sundays the best part of my week would happen. The Magical World of Disney was on ABC. We would order pizza and...WE COULD EAT IN THE LIVING ROOM IN FRONT OF THE TV....WHAT?!!!!! We would watch whatever Disney movie was on (even though we owned half of them) as a family. AND WE GOT TO EAT IN THE LIVING ROOM!!! That was pretty cool. Now I appreciate the Mondays thru Saturdays when we ate the dining room table more than when we got to eat in the living room. Sick days my mom would roll the tv in my bedroom and I could watch a plethora of Disney movies, which I still do when I'm sick. In the summer days we played outside and lived in a neighborhood where she wouldn't have to worry about us doing so. And when she wasn't working she joined in with us. She would take us on spontaneous trips and adventures. And one time she even packed our things without us knowing it and told us in the car that we were going to Cheyenne Wyoming (why?....it's a long inside joke...) and even though Cheyenne Wyoming is a very boring place, it was awesome to have that adventure. The weekend after we had to put Ebony down, she took me on a trip to Bryce Canyon just so we had a break from grieving. The best thing about it all, is that my mom let us have our childhood for as long as we could have it. She never made us grow up faster then we needed to. And when I was 14 she made my biggest dream come true. We FINALLY went to Disneyland. And it wasa even more awesome than I dreamed it could be. 
My mom gave me a great gift. She taught me to be a dreamer. And she let me dream and she never said I couldn't do it or it couldn't happen. And I still have a piece of my childhood with me. And I think in a world where there is so much hate and negativity, that is a great thing to have. To be able to stand back for a second and look at things through my 5 year old eyes and tell my 23 year old self that there's nothing that a Disney movie, some Ice Cream and a nap can't fix. 
So I will keep my obsession with Disney the same and if you think it's annoying there is a cute little button on my profile where you can 'unfriend' me or hide posts from me. SO SUCK IT YOU MEAN GROWNUPS! 
Now if you'll excuse me, Quasi Modo has to go save Esmeralda with Pheebus and I don't want to miss it. 


No comments:

Post a Comment