Friday, January 11, 2013

Who The Hell Has Time To Make Coasters?

You know what I want to know? How do these pretty little m-effer blog ladies do everything? They always look super cute, their house is always extremely clean and there's like new decor every week. How is that possible? And some of these people are  mothers. TO TODDLERS AND INFANTS! How do you have time for these things???? And you know most likely their husbands work so that super cute outfit photo shoot they had in that field by the train tracks, they had to spend like 5 hours setting up the tripod for that crap. Probably while they're kids are sitting in the car with a baggie of goldfish and watching a movie on their Iphone. 

I don't have children and I don't even have time to make all the crafty stuff they make.Well I probably do but....sleep is better. And I'm really good at it. Making a coffee table out of barn doors and wooden pallets...not so much. I just want to know how you had time to shower, dress in like 30 layers of clothes and jewelry, expertly apply makeup, do your hair in perfect tousled curls with uber volume, do a photo shoot with yourself, and make a sock wreath...when you have like 3 kids under the age of 3? Is someone watching them while you glue gun the shiz-nit out of coasters made from wine corks....and when do you have time do drink enough wine to have enough corks to make coasters? Or are your children like cats and sleep 15 hours a day?

I don't despise these women, in fact I gots nothing but respect for them. If you can do all that and bring an income into your home (maybe through your blog, maybe not) you deserve props yo.  I am kinda jealous. I would love to do all that for a living, and maybe one day I will. 

Last night Utah got hit hard by a snow storm. My boss is kinda awesome and amazing and sent me home at like 3 so I wouldn't have to drive from South Salt Lake to Centerville. My drive was actually not too bad until I hit Woods Cross and the snow was starting to stick to the roads. Brody on the other hand, didn't get off til 5. By then the roads were horrible. I spent the whole time watching for him out our living room window. I get worried really easily. So to get my mind off of everything that could go wrong, I decided to start taking down Christmas. Yes, I do know what day it is. No, I don't care. I got the Christmas tree packed, but the box is still right by the couch....and the kitchen decorations taken down....they are sitting on the counter. I'll probably have everything cleaned up by February. It usually takes him 20 to 30 minutes to get home but last night it took him an hour and a half. I was seriously freaking out. I was so happy when he walked in the door. I felt incredibly blessed to be able to be inside our warm home safe and together. 

Speaking of the love of my life, remember the other night I spoke about us trying to be more romantic? Yeah....scratch that. The other night I realized our relationship isn't champagne and roses. And that's fine. I love our hilarious relationship. I would rather watch 3 hours of funny cat videos together than going to some fancy restaurant with food we can't pronounce. We are more beer and steak than caviar and champagne. We still do romantic stuff for each other. There's lots of love notes, cute surprises and we are that annoying couple in the grocery store holding hands. Well...the last time we were in WalMart we made a guy bust up laughing because Brody was giving me shit about something and I said "If I did the things I'm thinking about doing to you right now, I would go jail." and then Brody started mocking me like a 5 year old. That's how we roll. And I love it. Honestly, I wouldn't change a thing about our relationship. No one has made me laugh as hard, love as much and let me be myself like he has. I think to myself that it impossible to love him anymore than I do but then he does something that makes me love him more. 

That's enough of the mushiness. Bleh.  

In other news. Tomorrow I have a meeting with a College to see about maybe going back to school. I had one financial adviser tell me I have to be considered a "dependent" and use my mom's tax info. I had a person from FAFSA saying I didn't have to. So we'll see how that goes. Both people say I have a really good shot at getting a Pell Grant, which would be nice. So it just depends how much grants and scholarships I can get. If I can get like 80% covered than I  may start like...next month. EEEEEE! So excited. PS: Government Financial aid can suck the dirtiest part of my toe (I wanted to say something else, but I'm supposed to try and cleaning up my language...can I say ball sack...SHIT...I mean DANGIT!). I don't live with my mom, she doesn't pay any of my bills, so why should I be a dependent? I think it's bogus that they assume that she's going to contribute money to my school. The whole federal financial aid thing is a joke. 

Anyways, I'm hoping weather isn't going to be a bitch tonight so we can go to Applebees...we have no food in the house...and I don't want to go to Walmart. 

PS: Twitter update!!!! We upped the amount of the giftcard to $40. So if I reach 100 followers by Jan.31 a lucky follower will win!
PPS: I'm too lazy to edit this...so if you find an error...suck it.

2 comments:

  1. Yet again...an amazing post!!! I love you my BFF!!! Keep it going... :)

    ReplyDelete